Artroben, 11.6 Oz
A Medical Food for the dietary management of osteoarthritis and musculoskeletal inflammation related to athletic or other physical activityMedical Foods: an FDA regulated category of products that are intended for the dietary management of a disease or condition that has distinct nutritional requirements.
- FDA category in between dietary supplements and drugs
- Requires a higher level of science than dietary supplements
- Adequate to justify the claim that they are beneficial for management of a disease or condition
- Ingredients must be Generally recognized as safe (GRAS)
Why is Arthroben™ better?
Because it effectively manages inflammation and improves physical performance and mobility in osteoarthritis sufferers and yet is exceptionally safe.
- As effective as Naproxen in managing knee osteoarthritis1
- The flavocoxid ingredient in Arthroben was shown to be as effective as Naproxen in managing knee osteoarthritis1
- Extensively researched collagen peptide ingredients stimulate cartilage and connective tissue repair
- Demonstrated ability to increase collagen AND proteoglycan synthesis
- Exerts effect on total cartilage mass
- Exceptionally safe
- Gentle on the GI tract2
- Balanced inhibition of COX-1, COX-2, and 5-LOX pathways
- Selective or unbalanced inhibition of an individual COX or LOX pathway is believed to result in most of the common side effects associated with chronic NSAID use.
- Little or no effect on Pro-times in patients taking warfarin
Most arthritis sufferers use prescription or over-the-counter NSAIDs and often suffer serious side effects. As a medical food, Arthroben provides dietary management of osteoarthritis that is both safe and effective.
ARTHROBEN's 4 pronged approach to the dietary management of osteoarthritis:
- Reduces inflammation—balanced COX and LOX inhibition, virtually free of negative side effects
- Potent antioxidant protection to reduce joint degeneration
- Stimulates cartilage and connective tissue repair
- Improves physical performance and mobility
KEY ACTIVES IN ARTHROBEN™:
Flavocoxid is a proprietary blend of the flavonoids baicalin and catechin that was shown as effective as naproxen in managing knee osteoarthritis, and produced improvements in 87% of patients.1
Dual Action of Flavocoxid:
1. Balanced inhibition of COX-1, COX-2 and 5-LOX pathways. This balanced down-regulation, though weaker than traditional NSAIDs and selective COX-2 inhibitor drugs, is not associated with the side effects commonly seen with selective COX inhibitors.
2. By acting as a strong antioxidant to limit free radicals and oxidative damage to cartilage and other connective tissue of the joints.
Fortigel® & Verisol® Fortigel® & Verisol® are standardized mixtures of collagen peptides derived from a patented process of hydrolysis of bovine type I collagen. These ingredients boost anabolic processes in cartilage and connective tissues and provide building blocks for all collagen in the body.
16 human clinical trials (approximately 2800) subjects demonstrating a positive effect on joint health
- Reduced need of analgesics
- Increased joint mobility
- Improved physical performance
- Improved radiographic markers of cartilage health
Verisol® Verisol® (like Fortigel®) stimulates anabolic processes in connective tissue
- Tested in two recent human clinical studies (pre-publication) for its effects on type I collagen in skin
- Improved skin elasticity and collagen type I content
Dr. David Brady
Chief Medical Officer, Designs for Health